- Reduce conflicts: give them their own lane, accessible only to trucks;
- Improved eficiency: them to couple together a longer string of trailers, so that only one truck is pulling many trailers;
- Improve energy generation systems: design them with a hybrid drivetrain system, like maybe the diesel engine actually drives an electrical generator, and the traction motors are instead electric;
- Improve safety: the driver can manage the energy but instead of rubber on asphalt we could install some kind of rail system to guide the rig to avoid traffic conflicts, the truck/trailers will be steered by these rails;
- Give the truckers a horn that they can honk at cars at intersections.
I'm shocked no one has ever thought of this before.